Machinations Version 3
Revision as of 22:46, 14 January 2011 by Joris
The major changes in Machinations version 3 are:
- Flow Connections and State Connections now have only one Modifier instead of the previous start and end modifiers.
- Triggers are no longer special instances of Flow Connections but of State Connections instead. Triggers no longer utilize resources and are now instant.
- Gates are now represented with diamonds, instead of small circles.
- Gates act more consistent, the old limiter gate is now obsolete and replace by deterministic gates with conditional outputs.
- Gates can also produce triggers.
- Pools can no longer be active.
- Added the Else modifier.
- The GUI has improved (I hope...)
- Diagram's should run more smoothly as the rendering engine was improved
- Formula's for Flow Connection Modifiers and random settings are much more sophisticated. You now can write things like "(D6+2)*2D3/(4*D3-D6)"
- The XML format changed a little. Version 3.0 can read and convert version 2.x diagrams fairly well.